Thursday 15 September 2016

Let us Join our Hearts in Prayer...

Dear Friends,

Today, as I write this, the Sub-Executive of Toronto Conference is meeting to make some decisions that will affect a colleague, a congregation, and our church.  There are many opinions about what should happen, many thoughts about what the outcome will mean.  And while I won't express my opinion here, what I am inviting you to do is to join me, and my colleagues across the country, in a time of prayer, opening ourselves to the Spirit that binds us together in love, in hope, and in peace.

I'm sharing a link to a blog written by fellow colleague and President of Alberta-Northwest Conference, Paul Walfall, because I feel that his words are in the spirit of what I too am trying to express.

Know that is note is written in the spirit of gratitude for each of you this day, for our Conference, and for our United Church of Canada.

May the light of Christ burn brightly in our midst.  May it be so.  Amen.

http://albertanorthwestconference.ca/14464-tomorrow-in-toronto/

No comments:

Post a Comment