Thursday 2 June 2016

Camp...Youth Forum...Church...Oh the Possibilities!

Seeing some posts on Facebook today got me reflecting on some of the amazing things that are happening in our Conference, and even though I am not there, or won't be taking part in the activities, I think they need mention and holding up as places where amazing ministry happens in our church. I'm talking about the Camp Directors Training (happening as I write this), Camp Stuff (happening at Sherbrooke Lake Camp this coming weekend), and what will be the team who plans for the Youth Forum Events for this coming year, as they search for people to fill the positions on their planning team.

All three of these groups are made up of young adults and others who strongly believe in the ministry that happens, both at Camps across our Conference and at YF.  As many of you know, both camp and YF hold a special place in my heart and in the faith story that has brought me to where I am.  We are extremely fortunate as a church to have all of these people who are passionate about ministering to and with those who either might not find themselves in church, or to those who need reminding that they are not alone on their already growing faith journey.  

So I ask you to take a minute, wherever you are while reading this, and pray. Pray for the leaders, that they might be inspired to create their programs and grow together. Pray for the campers and participants across our conference who will take part in these amazing programs.  And pray for our church, that we will continue to see the value in all that they offer, because maybe these programs don't pay for our buildings right now, and maybe sending a child to camp or YF costs money that we might not always have.  But think of it as an investment in a person--a person who might be doing awesome things where they live and are in need of some courage and encouragement, a person who may be exploring a call to ministry, who may have ideas of how to build the Body of Christ beyond our buildings.  I know that I am truly grateful for those in the church who invested their money and time in me...

May the Spirit be with us all this night.  Thank you Camp and YF for all that you have given me and all that you give to our Church.

Love and Blessings,
Catherine

PS-IAC (Intermediates at Conference) is awesome too!! Just not in the posts I was seeing! 

https://www.facebook.com/MaritimeConferenceUCCan/

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Catherine for lifting up these important ministries. It is a privilege to witness the "God moments" bubbling up among our young leaders and the youth that participate in these programs.
    Laura Hunter

    ReplyDelete